Merwick Stanworth Faculty & Staff Housing
Tours Daily - Monday-Friday - 8:45am - 5:00pm
Princeton University has unveiled plans to redevelop the Merwick Stanworth sites north of campus as a residential community for University faculty, staff and their families. The project will feature a mix of unfurnished apartments and townhouses, including affordable units available to local residents with low-to-moderate incomes.
The sites, along Bayard Lane, include the former location of the Merwick Care Center rehabilitation facility that has been demolished, and the current Stanworth Apartments, which have served as faculty and staff housing for more than 60 years.
Plans call for a close-knit community that modernizes the existing housing units, adds a significant number of new units, incorporates sustainable design features, preserves the existing landscape and enhances the surrounding neighborhood.
The development is part of the University's ongoing Housing Master Plan to augment housing programs for faculty, staff and graduate students, as well as the Campus Plan, which guides campus development through 2016.
$2387/month - Model 2T-2 – Two bedroom, 1.5 bathroom with study townhome
$3024/month - Model 3T – 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom with study townhome
$1512/month - Model 1C – One bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment
$1750/month - Model 1B – One bedroom, 1 bathroom with study apartment
$1750/month - Model 1S-2 –Upper one bedroom, 1 bathroom with study flat
$1804/month - Model 1S-1 –Lower one bedroom, 1 bathroom with study flat
$1857/month - Model 1D – One bedroom, 1 bathroom with study apartment
$1910/month - Model 1A – One bedroom, 1 bathroom with study apartment
$2016/month - Model 1T-1 – One bedroom, 1.5 bathroom with study townhome
$2175/month - Model 2A/B – Two bedroom, 1 bathroom with study apartment
$2281/month - Model 2C - Two bedroom, 1 bathroom with study apartment
Princeton affiliates interested in being considered for housing at Merwick Stanworth should complete a housing application using the Princeton One Stop Housing system (POSH).
- 147 unfurnished townhouses
- 122 unfurnished apartments
- 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom units
- Central air conditioning
- Pet friendly
- 56 units for low to moderate income households
- Pedestrian connections between Merwick and nearby neighborhoods
Parking & Transportation
- On-site parking
- 20-minute walk to campus
- Free TigerTransit campus shuttle stop at the complex
- Princeton Regional School District
- Community Park or Johnson Park Elementary School
- John Witherspoon Middle School
- Princeton High School
- Harmony School
- Lakeview Child Center
- Lawrence Day School
- Learning Experience
- Princeton Montessori School
- Princeton Nursery School
- ULeague Nursery
- UNow Day Nursery
- Village Learning Center
- YWCA Princeton
Merwick Stanworth Faculty and Staff Housing Construction Progress
- American Campus Communities is scheduling tours of the new Merwick Stanworth community Monday-Friday, 8:45am-5pm. Tours meet at 122 Stanworth Lane, Princeton. Please contact American Campus Communities at 609-924-3000 to reserve a place on the next tour!
- As of October 2016, all of the rental units at Merwick Stanworth are ready for leasing.