Merwick Stanworth Faculty & Staff Housing
Tours Daily - Monday-Friday - 8:45am - 5:00pm
Princeton University‘s Merwick Stanworth apartment complex, located north of campus, is a residential community for University faculty, staff and their families. The complex features a mix of unfurnished apartments and townhouses, including affordable units available to local residents with low-to-moderate incomes.
Located along Bayard Lane on the former site of the Merwick Care Center rehabilitation facility and the University's Stanworth Apartments, which served as faculty and staff housing for more than 60 years, this development adds a significant number of new units, incorporates sustainable design features, preserves the existing landscape and enhances the surrounding neighborhood.
Merwick Stanworth was part of the University's completed Housing Master Plan to augment housing programs for faculty, staff and graduate students, as well as the Campus Plan, which guided campus development through 2016.
Rental Rates July 1, 2017-June 30, 2018
$2450/month - Model 2T-2 – Two bedroom, 1.5 bathroom with study townhome
$3104/month - Model 3T – 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom with study townhome
$1572/month - Model 1C – One bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment
$1820/month - Model 1B – One bedroom, 1 bathroom with study apartment
$1820/month - Model 1S-2 –Upper one bedroom, 1 bathroom with study flat
$1876/month - Model 1S-1 –Lower one bedroom, 1 bathroom with study flat
$1931/month - Model 1D – One bedroom, 1 bathroom with study apartment
$1986/month - Model 1A – One bedroom, 1 bathroom with study apartment
$2097/month - Model 1T-1 – One bedroom, 1.5 bathroom with study townhome
$2262/month - Model 2A/B – Two bedroom, 1 bathroom with study apartment
$2372/month - Model 2C - Two bedroom, 1 bathroom with study apartment
Princeton affiliates interested in being considered for housing at Merwick Stanworth should complete a housing application via My Housing for Faculty & Staff.
- 147 unfurnished townhouses
- 122 unfurnished apartments
- 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom units
- Central air conditioning
- Pet friendly
- 56 units for low to moderate income households
- Pedestrian connections between Merwick and nearby neighborhoods
Parking & Transportation
- On-site parking
- 20-minute walk to campus
- Free TigerTransit campus shuttle stop at the complex
- Princeton Regional School District
- Community Park or Johnson Park Elementary School
- John Witherspoon Middle School
- Princeton High School
- Harmony School
- Lakeview Child Center
- Lawrence Day School
- Learning Experience
- Princeton Montessori School
- Princeton Nursery School
- ULeague Nursery
- UNow Day Nursery
- Village Learning Center
- YWCA Princeton
Merwick Stanworth Faculty and Staff Housing Construction Progress
- American Campus Communities is scheduling tours of the new Merwick Stanworth community Monday-Friday, 8:45am-5pm. Tours meet at 122 Stanworth Lane, Princeton. Please contact American Campus Communities at 609-924-3000 to reserve a place on the next tour!
- All of the rental units at Merwick Stanworth are ready for leasing.