A Quick Summary
If you plan to live on campus during the next academic year, you have the opportunity to select your room and dining option through room draw early in the second semester of the current year.
During room draw you will:
- Submit an online application at My Housing for Undergraduates to participate in room selection.
- Receive a date and time for your room selection.
- Select your room online in My Housing for Undergraduates during your assigned date and time.
- Select your meal plan in My Housing for Undergraduates.
- Electronically sign your housing and dining contract.
Room Draw Schedule
- Deadline to apply for special needs housing
- Room Draw application will go live
- All Applications due
- Draw times posted
- Available Rooms List posted
- Draw Statistics Posted
March 27th - April 12th
- Room selection
- Deadline to apply for the wait list and room improvement
Readmitted and Students Returning from Study Abroad
Readmitted and students returning from study abroad may participate in room draw if the Dean of the College provides verification of your return by the room draw application deadline. You will choose a room and one of three dining options: a meal plan contract through Dining Services, membership in an eating club or co-op, or to cook on your own as an Independent. For more information, visit the the Study Abroad Website.
Who Is Not Allowed to Participate in Room Draw
- Rising juniors and seniors who will live off campus.
- Rising juniors and seniors who will live in eating clubs. Please e-mail your club name and phone number to the Undergraduate Student Housing Office at email@example.com.
- Students who will study abroad during the fall semester.
- Students who will be on a leave of absence for the fall semester.
- Students who are assigned in a pre-draw process such as a Living Learning Community, Special Needs housing, Resident College Advisor, etc.
Advanced Academic Standing
Rising sophomores with advanced academic standing have two draw options:
Residential College Draw
Enter the draw for the Residential College where you were assigned as a freshman.
- Your application will be weighted using your original class year, without regard to your advanced standing.
- You may not use your advanced standing for any of the four-year Residential College draws.
Regular Upperclass, Spelman Hall and Independent Room Draws
Your application will be weighted using your advanced standing status.
- Students who choose this option are required to e-mail the Undergraduate Student Housing Office no later than the application deadline.