Apply for Housing


As a new, current or returning student you are eligible to apply for housing if you are enrolled in the current or upcoming semester.

Current Students Applying for Housing for the Next Academic Year

At the start of the spring term, a calendar is posted with all of the pre-draw and Room Draw dates and deadlines.  Students wishing to add a spouse, domestic partner or children must include their name(s) on their housing application for Room Draw and also should submit the appropriate documentation to Student Housing.

Room retention

Students who will receive an automatic offer:

  • G1s, G2s and G3s in studio or 1 bedroom apartments
  • G1s, G2s or G3s with spouses or domestic partners in 2 bedroom apartments
  • Families with children in any size apartment

Students who need to submit a renewal form:

  • G1s, G2s and G3s with eligible roommates in shared apartments (2, 3, or 4 bedroom apartments).  Students can only renew fully occupied apartments.  Vacancies can be filled by naming any G1, G2, or G3 on the renewal form. 
  • G1s, G2s and G3s in the GC or Annexes, regardless of room type (students in singles in the GC or annexes must submit a Renewal form to receive a renewal offer)

All eligible students participating in renewal must login to My Housing for Graduates to accept their contract offer. Renewal offers are sent December 20, 2023 and must be accepted by 5:00pm on December 27, 2023. Offers that are not accepted by the deadline will be cancelled. If you are unable to submit a form, view an offer, or require assistance please contact us.

Room Draw

All enrolled graduate students are eligible to apply through Room Draw in the spring for housing for the following academic year. Applicants are randomized within their class year and assigned a lottery number.

Those who apply to room draw and who are successful in the lottery for the Graduate College or the annexes are assigned a specific time to go to My Housing for Graduates select a room. Those who are successful in the lottery for an apartment will be assigned in order and should expect to receive an offer for housing in late April or early May.

Wait list

Students who are unsuccessful in Room Draw, but applied by the deadline, are automatically added to the waitlist in order of lottery number. Students who did not apply to Room Draw can apply to be added to the end of the list. These will be ordered based on the application date. 

Students who were unsuccessful in draw and submit a waitlist application will have their position maintained based on lottery number. The waitlist application will be used as a supplement to expand housing preferences.  The wait list application is currently closed and will be re-opened on May 1. Contract offers are made on a rolling basis as vacancies allow.

There is no guarantee of housing for waitlisted students and we encourage anyone on the waitlist to consider off-campus housing.

Students Returning from Field Study or Leave of Absence

If you are returning from a field study or a leave of absence, you may apply for housing at any point in the year.  Contract offers are made on a rolling basis as vacancies allow.

If you are not able to apply for housing via the My Housing for Graduates website, please email [email protected] for assistance.