Room and Meal Plan Changes


Room Changes

Beginning Early October, you may request a room change.  Access My Housing for Undergraduates to complete the room change application. 

Apartments and dormitory rooms are in very high demand so the opportunity to change your living situation is limited to what is available.  We do not process room change requests during the first month of the academic year because students are just settling into their rooms. You can apply for a room change beginning in October.  These are processed on a case by case basis and are limited to where vacancies exist. Room Changes are not permitted after mid-January once the Room Draw process begins. 

My Housing for Graduates

Room Exchanges

You may exchange rooms if all roommates agree.  If you live in a Residential College, your Director of Student Life will approve the exchange. All other students may send an email to with all students involved agreeing to the switch. You have 48 hours from the time your request is approved to complete your room exchange.

Dining Contract Changes/Termination

You may decrease your dining contract at the following times. Students who do not live in the Graduate College may terminate or decrease their contracts at the following times.

  • Fall semester requests must be submitted between and 1/24- 2/7

Terms for changing and dropping meal plans can be found on Campus Dining’s Terms and Policies page.

You may upgrade an existing contract at any time. The website to change, add or cancel a meal plan is My Housing for Graduates.