Current 1st or 2nd year students and families with children (regardless of class year) living in a graduate apartment may retain their current apartment for the following year. Eligible students in studios, 1 bedrooms, families in 2 bedrooms and families with children in apartments will be sent automatic retention offers. They will have 7 days to accept or reject the offer.
If you are a retention eligible student in a multi-bedroom apartment and one or more of your roommates is leaving campus, you can pull-in any current 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year student to fill the vacancy. Students who are eligible for pre-draw retention or want to pull in students to become eligible for pre-draw retention need to complete the following steps:
- Fill out a Pre-Draw Pull In Form and submit to Student Housing (5th Floor New South) by February 15.
- Specify any students to pull in to fill any vacancies (1st, 2nd, and 3rd year students only)
- Applications will be reviewed and contracts will be sent out for student signature
- All pre-draw retention contracts must begin on July 1.
- All pre-draw pull-in contracts will begin on July 6, unless the apartment is ready for a July 1 start date. Every effort will be made to keep pulled-in occupants in their current residence until they can move in to their 2019 contract start date.
Please remember if a student attempts to pull in a 4th year student or higher, their retention offer will be denied and they will have to enter room draw with their potential roommate to try and secure housing.
If you have any questions, please email the Graduate Housing Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a student living in the Graduate College or Annexes would like to retain their room for the following year, they must follow these instructions:
Submit a Pre-Draw Pull In Form form to Student Housing by February 15.