Your Housing and Dining Contract


Fulfilling Your Contract

If you select or are assigned living space during room draw and have signed a housing/dining contract electronically, Princeton University expects you to fulfill the terms of your contract for the entire academic year.

Your housing/dining service agreement charges are payable as determined by the Office of Finance & Treasury (loans and receivables). If you fail to pay as agreed, you may be subject to suspension and withholding of your degree and transcripts.

Office of Finance & Treasury

Contract Period

The contract period for University fall accommodations begins prior to the first week of classes in August.

The contract period ends for invited students on Wednesday, November 25th unless approved for an extension.

If you occupy your living space after the contract period ends, Housing staff may enter your room, pack your belongings and store them at your expense.

Canceling Your Contract 

The University does recognize that extraordinary circumstances could cause you to terminate your agreement early. If you do have to terminate, complete an intent to vacate form at My Housing for Undergraduates.

If you take a leave of absence, you should not rely on the Dean’s Office to provide notification to the Undergraduate Student Housing Office. Be sure to cancel your contract online at My Housing for Undergraduates.

Cancellation Fees 


• Through July 15: No penalty

• July 16 to August 15: $500

• August 16 to September 15: $1000

• After September 15: 50% of the semester’s rent

• After classes have begun or after you have moved into your room, regardless of date: 50% of the semester’s rent


  • TBD


Vacating Your Room After Canceling Your Contract

After you receive permission to terminate your contract, you have 72 hours to vacate your room. At this point, your card access will be terminated. The Undergraduate Student Housing Office may agree to some flexibility in your departure date if your circumstances require it.