Study Abroad


When you have been approved and confirm that you will be studying abroad, you are required to cancel your housing contract online at My Housing for Undergraduates.

My Housing for Undergraduates

Replacing a Vacancy

  • When you vacate a multiple occupancy space, your roommates will have the option to pull in another student who is returning from study abroad or a leave of absence, or currently living in a single. They should notify the Undergraduate Student Housing Office of the student they wish to pull in. If your roommates do not choose to pull in a student, the vacancy will be filled by the Housing Office.
  •  If you are unsure about your study abroad plans for fall semester, you should place your name on a wait list rather than participate in room draw, OR draw into a single room. We strongly urge you not to draw into a multiple occupancy suite as you will cancel your contract for the entire year and have to reapply for housing in the spring.

Vacating Current Housing Assignment (fall semester only)

  • You must move out of your current housing assignment by the Sunday of Intersession at noon. No exceptions will be made to this deadline. Inspectors will begin rounds at noon to ensure that you have vacated your room and left it in good condition.
  • If your study abroad program does not begin until later and you want to stay on campus, you will have to make alternative arrangements. Your TigerCard will cease to grant access to your room at noon on the Sunday of Intersession.
  • If you have keys to kitchens or co-ops or Sabbath observant keys, return them to the Undergraduate Student Housing Office during business hours, or drop them in the key return drop box just outside the first floor entrance of New South.

Participating in Room Draw

  • If you plan to participate in room draw for the next academic year, you will have to follow the room draw steps as if you were on campus. You must submit your room draw application prior to room draw.  If you are drawing with a group, you must accept the room draw application prior to actual room draw.
  • When abroad, you should test your online access to My Housing for Undergraduates well in advance of submitting your room draw application. If you cannot access My Housing for Undergraduates, be sure to notify Student Housing at least two weeks prior to applying for room draw, so there is time to resolve any problems. You can designate a proxy to select a room for you, but you must submit your room draw application yourself, or you will be unable to participate in room draw.


Seasonal and Temporary Housing