The Housing Accommodations process is administered jointly by the Department of Housing and the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students (ODUS). This process is intended to provide special consideration in housing for students with medical conditions and disabilities. This process is not intended to address requests pertaining to religious preferences, or the residential dining and residency requirement for first-year and sophomore students.
In order to be considered for a housing accommodation, students MUST submit all requests with supporting medical documentation by the respective deadlines:
- Matriculating First-Year Students: June 1, 2020 through the Office of Disability Services.
- Housing Accommodations Application: Website opens January 15, 2020. Due February 16, 2020.
- Medical Accommodation Assignments will be sent out on March 6th, 2020
- Mid-year changes: Fall Semester, October 6 | Spring Semester, March 2.
- Summer: April 27, 2020 through the Interim / Summer Housing site.
While applications for housing changes based on unanticipated medical needs will be considered after these deadlines, any changes are subject to availability of appropriate housing. Students are not obligated to accept the [Housing Accommodations] assignment offered. If a request does not meet the criteria for a Housing Accommodation based on documented need, students will be referred to housing for a room change.